If you are planning to start a catering business, then it will be best to know that, the first step is to come up with the catering menu ideas. This will ensure that you take your company to the next level with catering recipes which are original to impress your guests. You can start by visiting Kitchenlto.com where you will get various menus to use for a different pool of clients.
Things to remember when choosing catering recipes
- Availability of ingredients: Some exotic ingredients and recipes pairing might be perfect on your palate but when you get to paper, they are not available. Exotic fresh or otherwise rare foods tend to be more expensive and thus, you might be required to import them or order from far in advance. This means that you will have an added time commitment and expense which will affect your profit margin and at the same time, increase your plate cost for your customers.
- Cost per serving: When talking about cost per plate, you will need to remember that the customer is the boss here. If they want an exotic or an ingredient which is expensive, you will need to meet them at their point of need, and ensure that you adjust your price based on the menu substitutions from the word go. In case you have a client who wants a less expensive spread, then you can check out at com to find out some of the economic foods which might excite them.
- Time in the kitchen: There are some recipes which are more involving and thus, you will require to use more time on them. When you are preparing a large number of things ahead, then you might need to have more staff to ensure that the food is kept fresh and this will add to your expenses. You have to consider the preparation, cooking, and plating duration when you are selecting a recipe to find out the one which is best for your time constraints and the situation in your kitchen.
Classic catering menu ideas
While you might find out at Kitchenlto.com that there are some menus which have been tried and true, more party planners, are looking out for some twists which might be unique so that, their occasion stands out. If you can follow the following fresh variations to some favorites which have been in the market for long, it might just bring your catering to have some bold and daring tastes center stage.
You will need to ensure that you include the following categories:
- Soups, salad, and sides
When you are in a position to offer a variety for each category, then that is the secret formula to have a menu which is appealing for a clientele that is diverse. You can do some scattering for old dishes together with exotic options and you should ensure that you are flexible due to the fact that, we are in a world of customization.
Ideas for appetizers
You can start the night off with savoy French onion soup and classic cheese puffs. If you combine sweet caramelized onions and French onion gruyere puffs, melt gruyere, and then with dough that is buttery with a mustard kick, it will be able to create a sensational pastry that is the pocket size for pre-dinner snacking.
Ideas for salads
Combine the familiar and fresh mozzarella, basil and tomato. Throw in stuffed mushrooms and you will have a great salad. Portabellas in caprice salad quinoa then add fresh, quinoa pesto, and pine that is roasted will turn the salad into a great attraction.
Ideas for soup
Having a warm bowl of soup made from chicken noodles might just do the trick. With ginger which is tangy, rice noodles, and coconut milk, the recipe might just be the right for the clientele at your food canteen.
It is common to find mashed potatoes being used as a side idea. But when you make a combination of red potatoes together with chipotles which are spicy, zesty adobo and fresh scallions, mixed in chipotle mashed potatoes, your side will be something that everyone will yearn for.
Ideas for entrée
- Meat entrees: You can mix potatoes with traditional steak and add some color to your catering event with some steak fajitas and glazed skirt. You can go ahead and plate them well as they are a perfect entrée for a crowd. You can allow your guests to build their own at an event of buffet style with olive oil, onions, and sweet pepper, cilantro salsa, and chunky potatoes, sour cream and salty queso fresco cheese. Whichever way you slice it, the fajitas will ensure that you have some memorable spice for whatever event you are hosting.
- Poultry entrees: If you want to divert from the traditional roast chicken that has crispy brown skin and vegetables which are tender, you can pile its flavor with roasted chicken. This you make it by marinade to Greek yogurt sauce which is creamy and ensuring that you use charred onions which are garnished. This is the main dish that might just make your guests excited about your cooking.
- Seafood entrees: In every chef’s repertoire, there is always salmon which is usually a standby that is classic. But instead of using it the traditional way, you can ensure that you mix it up. Pair it with a pan-seared salmon with creamy pasta and spaghetti carbonara flavors for it to leave an impression that is lasting. Salmon with bavette, asparagus, and peas in a pesto sauce that is creamy, will ensure that the guests have something to remember for a very long time.
- Vegetable entrees: It is important to include some catering menu options which are environment friendly as it will help in you appealing to more guests. But the truth is that it might be hard for you to be able to accommodate the vegetarians and vegans when it comes to creative dishes. But at the same time, as long as you visit com it will prove to be an easy task.